Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:45:25 GMT by EngineerM
My wife and I registered a partnership last year so we need to submit a tax return for it. We also need to submit individual self assessment tax returns. Am I correct in thinking for our individual tax returns we can simply use the online form through our Government Gateway accounts but for the partnership we will need to either submit a paper form through the post or use third party software to submit the tax return? Why is it not possible to have an online form for partnerships, the same as for individual tax returns? Also does it matter what sequence the 3 tax returns are submitted? Does the partnership tax return need to be submitted first as the individual tax returns reference the amounts on it? Thanks
Posted Tue, 26 Apr 2022 08:01:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You are correct in thinking that you can submit your individual partnership returns online, but not the main partnersip return (which has to be completed manually or via third part software).

As regards why you cannot submit the main partnership reurn online, we are unable to comment on aspects of the government's Making Tax Digital policy on this forum.

As regards the sequence in which you submit the three returns, there are no specific stipulations.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.