Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 01 Apr 2023 19:17:30 GMT by Geoffrey Peter prunty
I took early retirement/redundancy aged 50 in 2008 due to ill health and to look after my son who received child benefit and a disability allowance payment until he was 18. I received a works pension from aged 50. Can I claim NI payments for those missing years I have. My wife returned to work and for the years she was at home, she had hers paid up automatically. ??
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 08:17:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Geoffrey Peter prunty,

We would need to look at your NI record and have additional information, i.e. when retired on ill-health did you claim any benefit?  which could have given NI credits.  
You state that his wife NI record was covered while she was at home  - this will have been HRP/CHB credits as she was the named receipient of child benefit.  
If there were years when his wife was working and still receiving HRP/CHB credits it may be possible to have these transferred to cover gaps in you record.  
It would be best if you spoke to an NI agent so we could look at your record while discussing with you.
National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.