Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 09 Apr 2023 02:10:07 GMT by milad korkis
Hi , If I would to moved abroad , Would I update my current address on tax return right away or do the current tax return on my previous uk address then update HMRC about my new address which I don’t know yet ? I’m confused a bit about the online information about that . Please help
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 11:12:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

We would recommend that you update your address as soon as it changes. This is so that any correspondence can be sent to the correct address. You can amend your address via your personal tax account, writing to HMRC or telephoning the Self Assessment team. 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

You may not need to complete Self Assessment Tax Returns if you leave the UK.  You can check this using the tool.

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.