Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Mar 2022 13:54:37 GMT by nicola meek
I received a dividend payment in February 2022, which was subject to 25% DWT dividend withholding tax. Is there a way for me to claim the DWT back as part of my self assessment return? If so, could you advise which section I should use to do so? Many thanks in advance
Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2022 14:20:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

When you enter this on the return, you can also enter the tax paid in Ireland.

HMRC can then give foreign tax credit relief for tax already paid so that you are not taxed twice on the same income.

Relief for foreign tax paid (Self Assessment helpsheet HS263)

You would enter this information on the foreign section of the return.

Self Assessment: Foreign (SA106)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.