Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:06:48 GMT by Paul Williams
I paid an employer 12 monthly payments of £758.33 in 2022/23. I submitted my FPS in Basic PAYE Tools then generated a P60. The P60 figure is £108 higher than the actual payments for the year. Please help.
Posted Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:44:15 GMT by Paul Williams
Follow up: This was my mistake. Some of the numbers were 758 and some 785 and I hadn't noticed so the P60 figure was correct. To make the years payments correct I went into BPT and changed the final payment so that the total payment for the year was correct £9,100. Now when I sign in to Government Gateway and check the total payments received in the year each payment is correct but the total is incorrect! There is even a note acknowledging this "The individual amounts do not add up to the total. When this happens we use the total amounts as your figures for the tax year." Why don't HMRC add the numbers up correctly? I'm wondering if this is becuase I submitted a Final Submission before making the change to the last payment. How can I resolve this?
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 04:41:32 GMT by Paul Williams
I called 0300 0200 3600 for advice. The person I spoke to suggested I restore a previous version of BPT to a date prior to when I submitted the final payment and Final Submission and do it again. So that is what I did. Now my taxable income summary shows the correct total value for the year but the summary of payments shows my revised payment and the previous incorrect payment and the changed payment, so there are three payments for the final month where there should only be one. What can I do to correct the record? Please HMRC can you give me some sound written advice?
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:19:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please contact us on 0300 200 3200 to discuss this further as we may need to check what information has been submitted to HMRC.
Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:18:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Paul Williams,

Please contact the employer helpline on 0300 200 3200 preferably with your year to date information to hand to compare against our records. 

Employers: general enquiries

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.