Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2022 22:14:44 GMT by waynegr
Hi, If I take on a person to help me out for a few hours in the afternoon three times a week sometimes more sometimes less. Too which the person does his own other odd jobs for persons outside helping me, then helping me outside fitting my work for those few hours a week. Do I need to take out an insurance for him ??? I will be putting his cash in hand pay against my tax, as I have a small firm with just me and my father who does not work anymore, its a partnership, registered for a very long time. Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 14:29:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
We would not be able to advise with regards to your insurance.
If you are paying someone for doing work for you it may be taxable and therefore it MUST be reported through a PAYE scheme.
You should not put this through your own tax.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.