Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 06 May 2023 13:24:29 GMT by Scott Proffitt
Have suffered with mental illness for a few years and my Wife's battle with cancer I now find myself in an impossible position with HMRC. Have tried to contact via phone, without success for 5 months regarding to penalties relating to Child benefit (I earnt over 50k at the time) I have now set up a plan with BPO for a £2000 sum relating to fines, Have paid a £600 plus bill direct to HMRC, which BPO are now also wanting to collect and find myself paying 40% on all income due to tax code issue. HMRC have information stating I left a job on 6th January this year, and began new employment on 10th January this year. My Personal allowance is being placed against a job I am no longer in, I'm about £1000 a month down on take home pay which is causing massive issues as I can't meet my bills. I've updated everything on the mobile app on 11/04 as I have given up trying to speak to a call handler as it's getting me in a dark place. The app state 3 weeks as a response but today it again displays as "received". I'm close to losing my home, receive no correspondence from HMRC whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement for a complaint I raised. Is their any other method to speak to a human being and get the help I need?
Posted Mon, 15 May 2023 13:53:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

We apologise if you are having issues getting through to us. The only contact information regarding the tax code issue is for our Income Tax team.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.