Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 19:04:19 GMT by hokej87
Hello, I'm trying to find help about wrong earnings reported by employer. My employer wrongly reported earnings to the HMRC and it impacted my UC claim. He reported too much and diffrent amount from last payslip and P45. How this can be corrected as he is not very cooperative since I finished working there. I called twice HMRC told them about this situation, gave them all the details from P45 and final payslip, but they didn't correct the income. I still see it wrong on my personal tax account. Since I ended working for that employer I can't make change of income from my personal tax account, I can only change it for current employer. I can't find any help, I just spend hours on the phone with HMRC without any result. I got my payslips and P45 to prove that there is mistake on the earnings for last month. Giving details from payslip and P45 through the phone is not enough? Please help me as this is impacting my mental health and put my family in to debts.
Posted Fri, 09 Dec 2022 12:47:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

When earnings have been reported incorrectly, it needs to be rectified by the employer, we are unable to amend these details.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.