Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:00:04 GMT by derek_er Chan
Dear HMRC, I arrived in the UK August 2021. And I started to work in the UK since October 2021. My employer is using the PAYE. So I need to applying for split year treatment. I have to fill in the following form. Please let me know if I wrong. 1. SA100: on page Tage TR2, I have to put "X" in box 1 and 8 (Even if my employer is using PAYE, I have to fill in the SA102, right?) 2. SA109 3. SA102 Thanks
Posted Fri, 29 Jul 2022 11:25:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi derek_hker Chan,

You are correct

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:05:59 GMT by derek_er Chan
Thank you for your reply. What if I have only one job in UK and my employer is using PAYE. I don't have any other income and no need to apply for split year. Do I still have to fill in SA100 and SA102 to report my income to HMRC? or I don't need to report to HMRC because my employer is using PAYE?
Posted Mon, 01 Aug 2022 08:55:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you wish to apply for split year treatment, you should complete all relevant sections (ie SA100, SA102 and SA109)

of your 2022 tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.