Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 02 Feb 2023 22:30:15 GMT by mishalv
Hi, I had changed my job in September 2021 and PayE and NI is being deducted as usual as part of my new employment as well. However, I can’t see this being reflected against my online HMRC account. I can only see PayE records till September 2021 which is for my previous employer. Also, I recently got a tax code change letter and it has a completely different NI number which starts with a number instead of an alphabet as usual for a valid NI number. I am concerned that this will raise tax implications for me in the future though tax is being deducted from my account currently and I have P60 for last financial year. Please let me know what should I do to fix this.
Posted Sat, 04 Feb 2023 23:21:13 GMT by Cathryn McCollum
All the employees with our current employer (who brought business without TUPE ) have found out that our employer is not showing after 4 months. Even though it’s been 4 months we get wage slip with company name, but a different company paying wage to our bank ACC’s , wage slip shows tax and NI but not showing on our records. Where is the tax and NI going too. HMRC informed but no response from them.
Posted Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:09:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

This would require further investigation, if you are the employer please contact Employers Helpline on 0300 200 3200.

If you are an employee then you will need to advise your employer and ask them to contact Employers Helpline .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 08 Feb 2023 15:39:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mishalv,

If the NI number starts with a number, you have a temporary NINO.

Please contact our helpline and advise of this we can arrange to get the employment transferred to your correct record:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.