Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:13:58 GMT by Ken Naylor
When I left full time employment I transferred part of my Personal Tax Allowance to my wife. This was because I became a full time, unpaid Carer and had no income. Marriage Allowance let me transfer £1,260 of my Personal Allowance to her as she was still in employment. We are both soon to officially retire and I want to transfer it back to apply it to my Pension. What is the procedure please? Is there a form? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:55:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

There is no form for this.

If you contact our helpine before the tax year you want to make the change, we can update so that the transfer will stop at the end of the tax year.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.