Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 21 Aug 2022 18:13:50 GMT by 9043583
I will be leaving the UK this tax year to work full-time overseas in Singapore. I will become a non resident in the UK for the overseas part of this tax year (due to split year treatment) and each subsequent tax year that I remain overseas. I am a British Citizen. Does the Double Taxation Treaty (DTA) between the United Kingdom and Singapore allow me to benefit from a personal allowance in the United Kingdom whilst I remain overseas as a resident in Singapore?
Posted Tue, 23 Aug 2022 08:43:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As a British citizen, you are entitled to personal allowances wherever you live  .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:25:55 GMT by 9043583
Thank you for your confirmation.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.