Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Oct 2021 13:55:00 GMT by Benjamin Broad
Hello, I filled in my R40 on the 31st of August 21 to claim back Tax taken away from a ppi refund, the Check Progress page said it should be done by the 21st of September 21 but thats passed now. Does anyone know how long roughly it takes to be processed? Thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:52:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If the claim was sent at the end of August by post we would expect the claim to be processed by now,
you should contact our Taxes department :

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 01 Mar 2022 16:55:53 GMT by Delilah_Toby
I sent mine at the end of April 2021 - it's now the 1st of March 2022 and I'm still waiting. I've spoken to various people at the HMRC and just keep being told "it's on the pile to be dealt with, we're very busy". In the time this has taken so far, I could have got pregnant and actually given birth. Very poor!
Posted Thu, 19 May 2022 20:11:35 GMT by Paul Harrison
I submitted a R40 form in July 2021. To date I have not received a response. Spoke to HMRC in February and they assured me that I would received a response in April. No response as of yet. Is anybody able to check. I will supply details then.
Posted Fri, 20 May 2022 11:39:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Paul Harrison
We aren't able to check the details from this forum, if you contact our Income tax department they can advise if there has been any process of the expected time for a response based on the current position.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Mon, 23 May 2022 16:51:53 GMT by Ashton1952
I completed my R40 on 15th March 2022 claiming refund of PPI tax deducted in 2919 as I was retired and didnt earn enough to pay income tax. On 25th March HMRC then reauested confirmation documentation of dddected tak which I returned immediately. I called them 4th April to be assured thd paperwofk hac been received and HMRC had all the information they needed to process my claim. I have called them today to be told my claim has not even been allocated to anyone to process, although a completion date of 25th April 2022 is given on my personal tax account. They have now given me a processing completion date of 15th April 2023!!!!!!! THEY CANT EXPLAIN WHY and I have no recourse to appeal. Discusting

You must be signed in to post in this forum.