Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Apr 2023 19:38:35 GMT by
I have just checked my gateway and it looks like my 2021/2022 income tax has not been calculated yet. Why is this? I have had several jobs throughout the year but I am not sure why it is delayed so much. It is now stating that 'We aim to calculate your Income Tax by 5 April 2024'. Has anyone had this?
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 09:51:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi sebnagy22,

If it has not been calculated yet there may be something stopping this from happening automatically.
Please contact our helpline: Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 10:13:45 GMT by
I am still wondering on this as well. It's really quite annoying that you can't tell exactly what's happening, or what it is that's stopping/delaying such a thing. Mine says I paid the right amount of tax for 2021-2022, at £0. But that's not true if I actually paid tax. I had almost half a year of paying tax, which I assume should have been refunded since I was still below the £12,000-a-year threshold. The tax account pages just sends you around in circles, or only lets you check on something you've already made a claim for. If I'm waiting on a P800 and haven't received a P800, how do I know if it hasn't already been sent and just got lost in the post?
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 10:08:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Damien Greenhalgh,
You will need to query this with our Income Tax helpline or write to us:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.