Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:52:07 GMT by
To whom it concerns: I received a message on July 11th that HMRC will post me a cheque in 14 days for tax refund, but I haven't received it yet. How can I check the status of the post? I am afraid it has been lost. Can someone get in touch with me by email, as I am not living in the UK at the moment, I can provide my NI number, and other information as well. BTW, is it possible to get the tax refund by bank transfer? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 12:29:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,
If you have not received the cheque within 3 weeks of that date, you will need to contact our Income Tax team, we can't review this over the forum. Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:47:05 GMT by Chaimae
Hello, I'm facing a similar issue. I also have the same message on my personal account, indicating that HMRC sent me the tax refund cheque on July 4th. However, I haven't received anything. I initially thought it might have been sent to my old address, but the agency informed me that the new tenants might have returned all received letters to the sender. In this situation, could you please guide me on what steps I should take? I'm concerned that the cheque might be lost. Thank you very much for your assistance!
Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 13:40:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Chaimae,
If you contact our Income Tax helpline we will send a request to cancel the cheque and issue a replacement.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2024 08:43:44 GMT by Chika Uchendu
Hi, Please I haven’t claimed my tax refund since 2021. I strongly believe HMRC has been sending the cheque to my old address. How do I contact them to resend all the cheque to my current address????
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:24:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Chika Uchendu,
Please contact us by webchat or phone via Income Tax: general enquiries - we can then update your address, and organise to have any cheques that haven't been received to be reissued.
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2024 19:58:11 GMT by LEMZ7777 Edwards
Hello I haven’t received my tax refund for the 2022-2023 year I’ve called numerous times asking why it’s taking so long and still nothing has changed I’ve been waiting a year for my refund which I should’ve received last year why is this the case please can I have an explanation on why this is the case
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2024 23:00:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi LEMZ7777 Edwards I am sorry there has been a delay in the repayment being issued. To review this you will need to contact HMRC Self Assessment: general enquiries Thank you

Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 16:01:45 GMT by tracy72 Bates
Hi I am having a similar issue with a tax refund ( bare with me though as it’s confusing) Last year I was informed I was due a tax refund which from 201*-201* Then a month later HMRC informed me I owe tax from that same period I have been on my employment history and I payed no tax as I was below my personal allowance I have been on the online chat for over 2 hours this afternoon and the agent said they could see on the system showing I payed tax ( hence the refund) On my account it shows I didn’t pay tax . The said amount owed has now gone to a debt collection agency I asked if I could be provided with a breakdown although the agent said they couldn’t provide details Not quite sure what to to as I’m permanently off work due to health issues and on benefits Any advice Hope all the above makes sense
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 18:30:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi tracy72 Bates We would need to access your record to review. You can contact our Self Assessment team at: Self Assessment: general enquiries Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2024 06:31:56 GMT by Norbert KIss
Hi, Same issue here, I can't able to request from my Wise account
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2024 16:22:26 GMT by Roberta La Cava
Hi I have received a text by HMRC in April this year saying I was due a refund and would have received a check by post within 14 days. Since I have not received it after over a month I have chased it by calling you and been reassured another one was going to be sent. As of today I have not received anything, I have also tried to contact the adviser online but it tells me no-one is available. Please can you refer me to the responsible department? KR R
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2024 08:33:01 GMT by westo Weston
Not to sure if this is the right forum but I have cashed in an AVC and I am a French tax resident and I sent an application form, signed by the French tax authority to claim the tax back in May. It was for quite a large sum and I have already lost 4 months interest on this. Does anybody know the average time it takes for HMRC to refund monies owed? Have tried phoning several times but I just get an automated voice saying they are to busy to take calls at the moment
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2024 13:36:24 GMT by Yurui Zheng
Hi, I haven't receive cheque for the 2022-2023 year because it has been sent in my previous address. Now, I have changed my new address in the system. How can I re-claim tax refund for the 2022-2023 year?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2024 09:01:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Unfortunately, it is not possible to check individual tax records through this forum, if you have a question which relates to your personal tax situation or tax code please contact our helpline:  
Income Tax: general enquiries
On this page you will also see a link to Personal tax account: sign in or set up which may be the quickest way to review information relating to pay and tax history, tax codes and how to change them. 

  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.