Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 Jan 2023 17:01:15 GMT by MobyIT
I received my final dividend after moving into the UK but it is less than £1000. Do I need to declare this in tax return 2022?
Posted Wed, 01 Feb 2023 10:31:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You will need to review your residence and domicile and whether the remittance basis applies.   

Residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1

If you are resident or domiciled in the UK, you need to report the shares on your SA return.  

If you are resident, but not domiciled, you need to consider the remittance basis.  If you remit the income to the UK, it is taxable and should be recorded on your tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.