Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 18:45:24 GMT by DarcyK
Hello, I was looking for some help please. I am in the process of setting up a small business online making and selling goods from my home. At what stage am I supposed to register as self employed?/ or for self assessment? Do I need to register the name of my business somewhere and if so how/where? I would imagine I will be earning very little to begin with. I'm feeling very confused. I also claim Universal Credit, so have to consider this too, I will have to report my earnings to UC, but does this mean I have to register as self employed even if I earn less than £1000? Thanks
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 16:17:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
See guidance at :
Working for yourself

You must be signed in to post in this forum.