Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 15:45:02 GMT by KF@2023
Hi, I would like to know whether I could apply to transfer my personal allowance to my husband. Under what circumstances could I apply for such transfer? Which Form should I fill in?Appreciate your guidance and help. Cheers
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:16:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi KF@2023,
You are not able to transfer your Personal Allowance.
There can be the option to transfer the Marriage Allowance:
Marriage Allowance
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:27:45 GMT by KF@2023
Dear Admin 25, Thanks for your feedback and reply. As for Marriage Allowance, do I have to apply it separately via government gateway before I submit this year's tax return (ie paper submission on Oct 31, 22 and e-submission Jan 31. 24)? More, in which form (eg SA100) I need to indicate that I have already applied for marriage allowance for current year tax return? Appreciate your reply and guidance. Thanks
Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 09:07:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi KF@2023,
Yes you would need to register for Marriage Allowance separately to then receive the transfer on your Self Assessment.
If you are in receipt of the transfer then you do not have anything to complete on the Self Assessment.
Once we receive the tax return our systems will pick up that your are the recipient of the transfer and your calculation will be updated. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.