Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 13:22:33 GMT by Dale C
I recently received many years of pension arrears as a lump sum - according to the HMRC systems this had the effect of apparently raising my annual income by a factor >6 and I received an automated notification of a tax code of K1924 and setting all my other (modest) sources of income to D0X within hours. After several lengthy phone calls to the helpline I managed to speak to a technical advisor who promised to restore my correct tax code. However a week later the totally wrong code is still showing and this will decimate my ongoing pension unless corrected quickly. How long will it take to correct this, bearing in mind the automated system is very fast indeed when collecting massive tax overpayments, but does not seem so responsive when the error is the other way round!
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 11:48:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

We may have had to create a manual tax code due to the nature of this, you will need to speak with our Income Tax team who can advise of the action taken.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.