Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 12:23:34 GMT by Bambi1
I sent in a form at the end of last year claiming 4 years worth of national insurance contributions under the allowance for grandparents looking after their grandchildren. Nothing has been done and every time I make enquiries I get sent a new deadline I have just received my pension forecast as I retire in June without any extra money added. How long does it take to ammend my national insurance record? It's been 6 months now.
Posted Mon, 05 Jun 2023 11:56:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
The area which deal with applications for Specified Adult Child Care Credits (SACC) are currently dealing with applications which were received on 29 September 2022.  
Once your application has been processed, if this will result in an increase to your state pension entitlement, the relevant date will be the date that your application was received and not the date that the application is processed.

We are sorry if you have been given incorrect information about the timescales when you have previously asked.
Based on the above date, this is a current turnaround time of 35 weeks, however this can change depending on the volume of work received on a weekly basis and the number of staff who are available to process the applications.
Thank you
"
Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 09:20:18 GMT by Bambi1
Thanks for the reply. I claimed for the tax years from 2018/2019, 2019/2020, 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 on the same form. HMRC have credited the years apart from 2021 to 2022. Why hasn't the final year been credited?
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:54:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Your original query asked how long before your application was processed, and your follow up question queries why credits have only been awarded for some years. We assume this means that you have seen in the last few days in your personal tax account that some years have been credited?  When your application was processed, a letter should have been issued to confirm the outcome of your application. This should explain why nothing has been awarded for 2021 to 2022.

If you do not receive this letter within 10 working days, or you are unhappy with the explanation, you will need to contact our National Insurance team.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.